Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s former chief of staff targeted in major corruption probe - FT中文网
登录×
电子邮件/用户名
密码
记住我
请输入邮箱和密码进行绑定操作:
请输入手机号码,通过短信验证(目前仅支持中国大陆地区的手机号):
请您阅读我们的用户注册协议隐私权保护政策,点击下方按钮即视为您接受。
商业快报

Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s former chief of staff targeted in major corruption probe

Ukrainian authorities serve Andriy Yermak with an official notice that he is a suspect
00:00

{"text":[[{"start":8.65,"text":"Ukrainian authorities have issued an official notice of suspicion to Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s former chief of staff as part of a corruption investigation that has engulfed the president’s inner circle, anti-corruption agencies told the FT."}],[{"start":21.85,"text":"Officials from the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (Nabu) and Special Anti-Corruption Prosecutor’s Office (Sapo) on Monday served Andriy Yermak with the formal notice that he was a suspect in the deepening corruption probe."}],[{"start":35.7,"text":"A notice of suspicion is a procedural step short of a court charge but a precursor to formal prosecution."}],[{"start":42.800000000000004,"text":"Confronted by journalists in Kyiv amid searches of his property, Yermak said he would “comment after the investigation is over”. "}],[{"start":50.800000000000004,"text":"A senior official in the president’s office said the notice of suspicion was “the beginning of a long legal process [and] everything will end in court, so we’ll see”."}],[{"start":62.2,"text":"The development will raise concerns for Zelenskyy at a crucial moment for Ukraine, as the president seeks to reassure European allies that his government is tackling entrenched corruption as it pursues EU membership. It also comes as Zelenskyy pushes for support from a sceptical US president to press Russia into peace talks."}],[{"start":79.95,"text":"The raid follows a series of searches linked to a major corruption investigation known as “Operation Midas” that began last year and which has engulfed Zelenskyy’s administration. Several close allies including Yermak resigned or were fired in November. "}],[{"start":95.7,"text":"The probe also prompted an arrest warrant for Zelenskyy’s former business partner, Timur Mindich, who has since fled the country. He has denied the charges. "}],[{"start":104.7,"text":"Zelenskyy once relied so heavily on Yermak, the closest member of his inner circle, that the two were nearly inseparable. Yermak was often said to behave as if he were president. Ukrainian and western officials sometimes quipped that he was the country’s unelected vice-president because he drafted peace plans, handpicked cabinet officials and overrode military generals in taking battlefield decisions."}],[{"start":127.5,"text":"The widening corruption case centres on the state nuclear energy company, Energoatom, and is the largest probe of Zelenskyy’s seven-year tenure."}],[{"start":136.95,"text":"Among other suspects are former deputy prime minister Oleksiy Chernyshov and former energy and justice minister Herman Halushchenko, who were both close allies of Zelenskyy before they were sacked last year as Nabu and Sapo closed in on them. The men have denied the charges."}],[{"start":152.29999999999998,"text":"Nabu and Sapo allege the suspects were part of a “criminal group” that channelled some $10.4mn to Chernyshov to construct neighbouring luxury homes outside Kyiv, including one reportedly intended for Yermak."}],[{"start":166.95,"text":"Nabu and Sapo said late on Monday in Kyiv that “urgent investigative actions” were under way."}],[{"start":174.45,"text":"Yermak orchestrated an attempt by the president’s office last July to strip Nabu and Sapo of their independence by placing them under control of the Zelenskyy-appointed prosecutor-general."}],[{"start":186,"text":"The move against the agencies, which were born out of the 2013-14 Euromaidan revolution as part of reform to help Ukraine secure EU membership, sparked public condemnation and nationwide protests. The president’s office quickly backtracked."}],[{"start":199.65,"text":"This article was amended to more accurately reflect the parameters of the probe."}],[{"start":211.95000000000002,"text":""}]],"url":"https://audio.ftcn.net.cn/album/a_1778554339_3266.mp3"}

版权声明:本文版权归FT中文网所有,未经允许任何单位或个人不得转载,复制或以任何其他方式使用本文全部或部分,侵权必究。

现代战争的血腥一如往昔

科技的进步并没有减少俄乌战争中的伤亡,武装无人机和AI正把前线变成险恶的杀戮地带,惨烈程度堪比一战。

帕拉贝利斯医药公司于与再生元达成交易次日披露IPO计划,上市热潮升温

成立已有十年且资金雄厚、从格雷格•维尔丁在哈佛实验室孵化出的“不可成药”生物技术公司——帕拉贝利斯医药公司,正寻求成为今年第12家进行首次公开募股的药物研发企业
20小时前

英伟达部署900亿美元助推AI繁荣

黄仁勋正成为依赖其芯片的AI相关公司的最大资助者之一。这些支出涉及逾145家公司,从AI模型开发商、云服务提供商到基础设施供应商不一而足。

Lex专栏:股市投资者信心爆棚,但现金见底

鉴于标普500指数高度依赖以人工智能为驱动的公司,股市出现小问题和大问题的可能性都很大。

FT社评:埃博拉疫情暴露全球应对大流行病准备不足

援助资金减少以及特朗普政府对全球公共卫生理念的敌意,正危及我们所有人。

“四大”急聘AI专业人才,岗位数量盖过传统审计师

全球最大的几家会计师事务所正竞相适应颠覆性的技术变革。
设置字号×
最小
较小
默认
较大
最大
分享×