Donald Trump halted ‘Project Freedom’ after Saudi Arabia withheld support - FT中文网
登录×
电子邮件/用户名
密码
记住我
请输入邮箱和密码进行绑定操作:
请输入手机号码,通过短信验证(目前仅支持中国大陆地区的手机号):
请您阅读我们的用户注册协议隐私权保护政策,点击下方按钮即视为您接受。
战争

Donald Trump halted ‘Project Freedom’ after Saudi Arabia withheld support

Riyadh has now lifted suspension after call between Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and US president on Wednesday
00:00

{"text":[[{"start":11.75,"text":"Donald Trump abruptly halted a US military plan to guide commercial ships through the Strait of Hormuz after Saudi Arabia told Washington it would not allow American warplanes to use its bases or airspace in the operation, according to people familiar with the matter."}],[{"start":27.4,"text":"The kingdom had now lifted the restrictions after the US president and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Saudi Arabia’s de facto leader, resolved the issue in a phone call on Wednesday night, a person familiar with the discussions said. "}],[{"start":41.9,"text":"Riyadh considered the US president’s plan, dubbed “Project Freedom”, to be “unnecessarily escalatory and not well thought through”, said one of the people briefed on the situation. "}],[{"start":52.25,"text":"A White House official said regional allies had been “notified in advance” of Trump’s plan. The official added: “There was never a restriction or ban to begin with, that is fake news.”"}],[{"start":63.85,"text":"The move from Saudi Arabia underscores frustrations over Trump’s management of the war among some of the US’s Arab allies. "}],[{"start":71.5,"text":"Trump said he was pausing the operation on Tuesday — just one day after it began — as he struggles to reopen the strategic waterway Tehran has all but closed since the US and Israel started the war on Iran on February 28. "}],[{"start":85.5,"text":"The closure of the chokepoint has stymied oil and gas exports from the region, triggering the worst global energy crisis in decades. "}],[{"start":94.9,"text":"Iran responded to the US’s effort to transit ships through the strait on Monday by firing more than a dozen missiles and drones at the United Arab Emirates. Most were intercepted but an oil facility in Fujairah was set ablaze. "}],[{"start":109.60000000000001,"text":"Iranian forces also launched cruise missiles at US naval ships and merchant vessels, which American forces intercepted. The regime also sent drones and fast-attack boats at commercial ships. The US said it shot down the drones and sank six small boats."}],[{"start":null,"text":"

Thick black smoke rises from the Fujairah oil industry zone, with ships visible in the foreground at the port.
"}],[{"start":125.75,"text":"Trump played down the attacks, saying it was not “heavy firing”. The US said a fragile, month-long ceasefire with Iran remained in place. "}],[{"start":134.75,"text":"He explained his sudden U-turn on Project Freedom by saying he made the decision after a request from Pakistan and “other countries”, in order to leave room for negotiations between Washington and Tehran. "}],[{"start":147.6,"text":"Pakistani Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, whose government is leading mediation efforts, on Wednesday thanked Trump for his decision. Sharif said it was made in response to a request by Islamabad and “other brotherly countries”, including Saudi Arabia, namechecking Prince Mohammed. "}],[{"start":165,"text":"Riyadh’s decision not to allow US warplanes to use its territory for Project Freedom was first reported by NBC News. "}],[{"start":172.65,"text":"Saudi Arabia has become increasingly frustrated with Trump’s erratic handling of the war, during which Gulf states have borne the brunt of Iran’s retaliatory strikes. "}],[{"start":182.5,"text":"It had joined other Arab states in cautioning Trump against going to war, urging Washington to pursue a diplomatic solution to the situation over fears Iran would lash out at the US’s allies in the region. "}],[{"start":195.1,"text":"Saudi Arabia has condemned Iran’s attacks on its Gulf neighbours and initially saw benefit in the US and Israel degrading the Islamic republic’s missile and drone arsenal after the war began. "}],[{"start":207.15,"text":"But Riyadh has become concerned about Trump’s unpredictability and lack of coherent goals. It was alarmed when he threatened to hit civilian infrastructure and destroy all of Iran’s power plants amid worries that would elicit a more ferocious response from the Islamic regime. "}],[{"start":222.95000000000002,"text":"The kingdom has pushed for de-escalation and supported Pakistan’s efforts to mediate an agreement to end the war and reopen the Strait of Hormuz. "}],[{"start":240.05,"text":""}]],"url":"https://audio.ftcn.net.cn/album/a_1778210299_8487.mp3"}

版权声明:本文版权归FT中文网所有,未经允许任何单位或个人不得转载,复制或以任何其他方式使用本文全部或部分,侵权必究。

高盛击败大摩金牌顾问,斩获SpaceX上市第一大单

这位知名科技投行家在特朗普政府任职期间,失去了对马斯克这桩重磅上市交易的影响力

现代战争的血腥一如往昔

科技的进步并没有减少俄乌战争中的伤亡,武装无人机和AI正把前线变成险恶的杀戮地带,惨烈程度堪比一战。

帕拉贝利斯医药公司于与再生元达成交易次日披露IPO计划,上市热潮升温

成立已有十年且资金雄厚、从格雷格•维尔丁在哈佛实验室孵化出的“不可成药”生物技术公司——帕拉贝利斯医药公司,正寻求成为今年第12家进行首次公开募股的药物研发企业
22小时前

英伟达部署900亿美元助推AI繁荣

黄仁勋正成为依赖其芯片的AI相关公司的最大资助者之一。这些支出涉及逾145家公司,从AI模型开发商、云服务提供商到基础设施供应商不一而足。

Lex专栏:股市投资者信心爆棚,但现金见底

鉴于标普500指数高度依赖以人工智能为驱动的公司,股市出现小问题和大问题的可能性都很大。

FT社评:埃博拉疫情暴露全球应对大流行病准备不足

援助资金减少以及特朗普政府对全球公共卫生理念的敌意,正危及我们所有人。
设置字号×
最小
较小
默认
较大
最大
分享×