Honda slumps to first annual loss on $9bn EV charge - FT中文网
登录×
电子邮件/用户名
密码
记住我
请输入邮箱和密码进行绑定操作:
请输入手机号码,通过短信验证(目前仅支持中国大陆地区的手机号):
请您阅读我们的用户注册协议隐私权保护政策,点击下方按钮即视为您接受。
本田汽车公司

Honda slumps to first annual loss on $9bn EV charge

Japan’s second-biggest carmaker reports worse than expected result but forecasts return to profit this year
00:00

{"text":[[{"start":9.25,"text":"Honda posted the first annual loss in its history as Japan’s second-largest automaker absorbed more than $9bn in charges following its disastrous EV drive."}],[{"start":20,"text":"The company said on Thursday that it recorded an operating loss in the year to March of ¥414.3bn ($2.6bn), its first since becoming a listed company in the 1950s. "}],[{"start":32.65,"text":"The loss was worse than the ¥315.6bn that analysts had expected, according to LSEG data, but within estimates provided by the company earlier in the year. "}],[{"start":43.2,"text":"Honda said it expected to return to operating profit this financial year, forecasting a gain of ¥500bn driven by its expanding motorcycle business, including in India."}],[{"start":54.45,"text":"That forecast came despite an expected hit from EV-related losses of the same amount, down from the ¥1.5tn ($9.2bn) hit that punished the company this year."}],[{"start":64.65,"text":"Honda shares jumped almost 8 per cent in Tokyo after the earnings report before paring some of the gains. "}],[{"start":71,"text":"The group shocked investors in March by pulling the plug on three EV models planned for production in North America, prompting it to warn of a net loss between Y360bn and Y630bn for the year to March."}],[{"start":85.85,"text":"At that time, it warned of up to ¥2.5tn of losses over two years related to the pullback in its electrification strategy. Honda had been more radical than any other Japanese automaker by vowing to stop making petrol cars by 2040."}],[{"start":101.64999999999999,"text":"US President Donald Trump’s move to terminate EV incentives played a big role in prompting Honda and other legacy automakers to wind back their electrification plans."}],[{"start":112.14999999999999,"text":"However, analysts are concerned about a deeper rot at Honda, which admitted that it had been unable to keep up with the pace of the competition from Chinese EVs. "}],[{"start":121.6,"text":"Honda’s lucrative motorcycle business had sheltered the group from large losses until now, even as global sales of cars slid about 30 per cent from a record 5.34mn vehicles in 2019 financial year to 3.6mn units in the 2025 year."}],[{"start":139.35,"text":"Chief executive Toshihiro Mibe, who took charge in 2021, handled merger talks with Nissan that fell apart last year as Honda insisted on taking control of its rival to ensure its turnaround went to plan."}],[{"start":153.9,"text":"Since then Nissan has started to recover under chief executive Ivan Espinosa, while Honda has only plunged further into trouble."}],[{"start":162.70000000000002,"text":"The electrification U-turn at Honda also led its efforts to develop luxury electric cars with Sony equipped with high-end software and infotainment systems to collapse."}],[{"start":180.40000000000003,"text":""}]],"url":"https://audio.ftcn.net.cn/album/a_1778741526_8495.mp3"}

版权声明:本文版权归FT中文网所有,未经允许任何单位或个人不得转载,复制或以任何其他方式使用本文全部或部分,侵权必究。

现代战争的血腥一如往昔

科技的进步并没有减少俄乌战争中的伤亡,武装无人机和AI正把前线变成险恶的杀戮地带,惨烈程度堪比一战。

帕拉贝利斯医药公司于与再生元达成交易次日披露IPO计划,上市热潮升温

成立已有十年且资金雄厚、从格雷格•维尔丁在哈佛实验室孵化出的“不可成药”生物技术公司——帕拉贝利斯医药公司,正寻求成为今年第12家进行首次公开募股的药物研发企业
19小时前

英伟达部署900亿美元助推AI繁荣

黄仁勋正成为依赖其芯片的AI相关公司的最大资助者之一。这些支出涉及逾145家公司,从AI模型开发商、云服务提供商到基础设施供应商不一而足。

Lex专栏:股市投资者信心爆棚,但现金见底

鉴于标普500指数高度依赖以人工智能为驱动的公司,股市出现小问题和大问题的可能性都很大。

FT社评:埃博拉疫情暴露全球应对大流行病准备不足

援助资金减少以及特朗普政府对全球公共卫生理念的敌意,正危及我们所有人。

“四大”急聘AI专业人才,岗位数量盖过传统审计师

全球最大的几家会计师事务所正竞相适应颠覆性的技术变革。
设置字号×
最小
较小
默认
较大
最大
分享×