European carmakers take €8bn hit from Trump tariffs - FT中文网
登录×
电子邮件/用户名
密码
记住我
请输入邮箱和密码进行绑定操作:
请输入手机号码,通过短信验证(目前仅支持中国大陆地区的手机号):
请您阅读我们的用户注册协议隐私权保护政策,点击下方按钮即视为您接受。
美欧贸易战

European carmakers take €8bn hit from Trump tariffs

US president has threatened to raise levies to 25% if EU does not implement last year’s trade deal
00:00

{"text":[[{"start":10.2,"text":"European carmakers have been hit with more than €8bn in tariff costs in the year since Donald Trump increased import duties, with the industry bracing for a fresh escalation in the trade war with the US. "}],[{"start":21.5,"text":"The figure, based on public statements by executives at Volkswagen, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Stellantis and Volvo Cars, covered 2025 and the first three months of 2026 leading up to the anniversary of Trump’s auto tariffs. "}],[{"start":36.1,"text":"The US raised duties on European cars to 27.5 per cent from 2.5 per cent on April 3 last year as part of President Trump’s blitz of tariff increases. The rate was subsequently reduced to 15 per cent after a US-EU trade deal in August but has still hit carmakers heavily. "}],[{"start":55.900000000000006,"text":"“The operating environment has deteriorated significantly,” Volkswagen’s chief financial officer Arno Antlitz told investors last month, warning of US tariff costs of €4bn this year. “Against this backdrop, incremental cost measures will not be enough. We must fundamentally reshape our business model.”"}],[{"start":75.45,"text":"The spectre of even higher tariffs looms after the US president threatened this month to increase levies on European car imports to 25 per cent, accusing the bloc of failing to abide by last year’s deal. He has given the EU until early July to implement its trade deal with the US. "}],[{"start":93.2,"text":"Audi finance chief Jürgen Rittersberger told reporters this week that an increase in auto tariffs would place a “significant burden” on the manufacturer, which is one of 10 brands in the Volkswagen stable."}],[{"start":105.10000000000001,"text":"Tariffs have added to the challenges faced by European carmakers, already facing strong competition in China and contending with the costs of the transition to electric vehicles."}],[{"start":115.45,"text":"Volkswagen has reported €3.6bn in US tariff costs since the higher rates were implemented, the biggest hit among Europe’s car groups. BMW reported tariff costs of about €2.1bn, including duties on imports into the EU from the US and China, while Mercedes-Benz reported tariff costs of €1.3bn. "}],[{"start":137.6,"text":"Stellantis reported €1.2bn in tariff costs but the US manufacturing presence of the maker of Chrysler, Dodge and RAM Trucks brands meant that a larger proportion of these costs related to trade between the US, Mexico and Canada."}],[{"start":151.65,"text":"Were Trump to swiftly follow through with his threat of 25 per cent tariffs on European autos, it could cost the three German carmakers — Volkswagen, BMW and Mercedes — an additional €2.6bn in 2026, according to analysts at Bernstein. "}],[{"start":169.9,"text":"Carmakers would be examining measures to offset the cost of any increase in tariffs but further price rises could reduce sales volumes, said Bernstein analyst Stephen Reitman. "}],[{"start":179.8,"text":"With European car groups’ profits already under pressure, “it’s very hard to expect that the manufacturers are going to absorb all of that themselves”, he said."}],[{"start":190.3,"text":"Audi said it hoped talks between the US and EU would “avoid any further increase in tariffs”. "}],[{"start":197.4,"text":"The premium manufacturer is preparing the launch of its new Q9 three-row luxury SUV, which has been designed with US consumers’ preference for larger autos in mind. "}],[{"start":207.9,"text":"But the new flagship model will be produced in Bratislava, meaning that all exports to the US will face tariffs. Audi has talked about the possibility of establishing a production site in the US to circumvent tariffs but a decision on the investment has not yet been made. "}],[{"start":224.3,"text":"BMW chief executive Oliver Zipse said he was hopeful of a deal with the US administration, long sought after by European carmakers, that would offer a discount on tariffs to companies like his which produce cars in the country. "}],[{"start":237.8,"text":"“We have a lot of support [in the administration] but, of course, only if the first part of the deal is also carried out by the European Union,” he said. "}],[{"start":254.3,"text":""}]],"url":"https://audio.ftcn.net.cn/album/a_1778455977_3933.mp3"}

版权声明:本文版权归FT中文网所有,未经允许任何单位或个人不得转载,复制或以任何其他方式使用本文全部或部分,侵权必究。

现代战争的血腥一如往昔

科技的进步并没有减少俄乌战争中的伤亡,武装无人机和AI正把前线变成险恶的杀戮地带,惨烈程度堪比一战。

帕拉贝利斯医药公司于与再生元达成交易次日披露IPO计划,上市热潮升温

成立已有十年且资金雄厚、从格雷格•维尔丁在哈佛实验室孵化出的“不可成药”生物技术公司——帕拉贝利斯医药公司,正寻求成为今年第12家进行首次公开募股的药物研发企业
21小时前

英伟达部署900亿美元助推AI繁荣

黄仁勋正成为依赖其芯片的AI相关公司的最大资助者之一。这些支出涉及逾145家公司,从AI模型开发商、云服务提供商到基础设施供应商不一而足。

Lex专栏:股市投资者信心爆棚,但现金见底

鉴于标普500指数高度依赖以人工智能为驱动的公司,股市出现小问题和大问题的可能性都很大。

FT社评:埃博拉疫情暴露全球应对大流行病准备不足

援助资金减少以及特朗普政府对全球公共卫生理念的敌意,正危及我们所有人。

“四大”急聘AI专业人才,岗位数量盖过传统审计师

全球最大的几家会计师事务所正竞相适应颠覆性的技术变革。
设置字号×
最小
较小
默认
较大
最大
分享×